FREE Fire Truck RIDES included
We schedule a 2-1/2 hour time block for our birthday parties in our meeting hall, which can
accommodate up to 100 people. On Saturdays, we allow for one birthday party at 10:00 am
and another other at 1:00 pm.
After your group arrives, we start off with a fire safety demonstration, which takes about
10 minutes time. Then we provide a tour of the museum, which includes some history of
firefighting. The kids do a bucket brigade, slide a fire pole, pull a fire alarm etc. as part of that
tour. In the summer the kids get to pump water into a simulated apartment building façade
outside. We also provide a fire truck ride for everybody in the party (April through October,
It is up to you to decide in what order you wish the events to occur. We also provide plastic fire
helmets for all of the children. We also recommend that the kids be allowed at least a half hour
or more of play time out in the museum.
The food is totally up to you. Our small kitchen is equipped with a stand-up refrigerator, a small
freezer, a microwave oven and a stand-up food warmer (which can keep food hot up to 180
During play time the kids can climb aboard our 1949 Ward LaFrance fire engine, turn on the
revolving lights, windshield wipers, spot-lights and pretend their responding on a fire run.
Other fun activities for the kids include:
- Two separate simulator tiller cabs with response videos playing
- Try on actual firefighting gear
- Play on our two train layout tables with fire truck and trains
- Play on an actual fire switch board used by the St. Paul FD
- Play with our ladder truck raising device simulator
- Slide the fire pole as many times as they wish
- Pull a fire alarm and see how it comes into the fire station and office
- Squirt water at our fire wall outside
- Toy mats in the museum hall for the kids to play with toy fire engines, trains & tracks
The fee for the birthday party is $100 ($50 deposit) which includes the first 20 guests. The cost for additional people is $3.00/person (except that children under 3 are free).