AUDITORIUM RENTAL AGREEMENT
Tenant wishes to rent the auditorium space in the BBDFHM. BBDFHM agrees to rent said space to Tenant on the date and time specified above subject to the following conditions, which Tenant accepts:
- If the event extends for more than the allowed period of usage, a charge of $55.00 shall be collected for each additional hour or fraction thereof.
- The rental fee schedule covers the cost of the auditorium only and does NOT include the Museum gallery areas. Inclusion of the Museum gallery areas shall require an additional fee of $2.00 per-person, payable on the date of your event.
- Tenant acknowledges that the BBDFHM kitchen is not licensed or equipped for commercial food service and food preparation. All food preparation shall be performed off-site. We have a list of caterers who have worked previous events her, but you may hire any licensed caterer you wish.
- Alcoholic beverages shall only be served by a caterer who possesses the proper liquor license certificate and whose servers have been properly trained. An additional fee of $50.00 will be charged when alcoholic beverages are served.
- Caterers contracted by Tenant shall clean up after the event, including removal from the property of all garbage, trash and debris that has accumulated at the event. The kitchen area shall be cleaned and swept.
- If the tenant is going to charge for alcoholic beverages, a one-day liquor permit must be obtained from the City of Minneapolis and a Minneapolis Police officer must be on duty for the entire event.
- A deposit of 50% of rental fees shall be made on the date the reservation is made. The remaining payment shall be paid 7 to 10 days prior to the rental date. Cancellations must be made at least 2 weeks in advance of rental date for refund of deposit
- Tenant agrees to indemnification and shall hold BBDFHM harmless for any claims, demand or suits of any kind in nature resulting from accident or injuries occurring on the premises to self or others during the rental date.
- The rental fees may be reduced by ½ provided that the person renting has been a dues paying member of the BBDFHM for one year prior to the scheduled rental date.
- The BBDFHM may modify or adjust rates for any group at its sole discretion.
- We do not allow the use of “glitter” or “graffiti” when decorating the rental hall.